We’ve written about our critique group in at least two earlier posts. There are now four members. We are writing a handbook about team development, member two’s revising a memoir, member three with a book in investing and new member four with a book on personal development.
After our most recent and probably most forceful meeting, it occurred that whether intentional or not, our meetings now include these five steps:
- Positive input about a member’s selection.
- Editing about the content of the selection, e.g., coherence, etc.
- Copy editing, e.g., spelling
- General comments about the selection
- Recommended next steps as needed to revise (and improve!) the selection
In effect, we have become a mini-editorial bureau. It really is quite exciting. Stay tuned! And we will now meet bi-weekly versus every three weeks.