Google Alerts sent me a promotional post that read like a cautionary tale concerning the dire results that can be expected if your blog posts have poor spelling. To avoid such “grim scenarios” you need to buy their product.
A few quick tips about blog posts.
- Keep them to approximately 250 words because that’s what most adults can read in one minute.
- Avoid highly technical language. This mean finance, medicine, etc.
- Use MS Word spellcheck.
- Keep the grade level between 8th and 10th grades.
- When you proofread, have two people: one who reads aloud and one who reads silently.
- If you include images on a post, check that they relate to the content.
- Place a post in categories and with tags that make sense.
- Be cautious about using blog posts to sell, sell, sell.
- Ask your followers for comments.
- Close the post with a question.
This post is approximately 150 words at a 5th grade reading level.
How do you check spelling and reading levels?