Although the tendency is probably becoming less frequency as people become more Internet savvy, there can be a tendency to treat an on-line “page” like a piece of paper. Set the margins, double space, pick a fancy font and type away. Be advised, people look at and expect different things from the words and the images on a web page.
Some stuff we’ve had for a while but it’s still worth knowing. Like this quick test about writing for the web. Scroll down for the answers.
- People read about ____% slower on a computer monitor than the same information on paper.
- The number of words that will fit on a screen without scrolling is approximately _____.
- The key to keeping a visitor on your web page depends on the ________ of the web page and the speed at which it can be ________.
- Visitors can more easily scan your web page if it includes _________ and ________ lists.
- Use _____ language.
1. 25 2. 250 3. Content & Absorbed 4. Headlines & Bulleted 5. Plain