The real value is not just having a social media presence. As we stated in that post, anyone can set up numerous social media accounts at no cost.
As an earlier Business2Commmunity post noted, “[B]ut SEO is no longer as important as it once was. Businesses need to shift their focus to improving their “social influence.”
Social influence means more than a social presence. It means working at positioning yourself, your team or your company as Subject Matter Experts within an industry or profession. That takes planning and a focused effort.
At Team Powered Success we help individuals and teams create a collaborative approach to using social media.
· If they have registered, for example, with WordPress.com, we will work with them to identify members for a collaborative blog.
· We will have those members complete the Kolbe A™ Index. The results provide valuable information about what talents each team member brings to the group, thus helping the team form and work better together.
· We will work with them to identify target markets.
· We will assist in developing an editorial calendar incorporating corporate, social and industry trends.
· We provide coaching and editorial assistance to get a blog up and running, a blog designed to improve the client’s social influence.
And for these services we charge a competitive fee.
We are advocates of the inherent value in forming and working with a team of non-competing people. And we are advocates of using social media to promote oneself and create a multi-channel presence, e.g., a web site and select social media. But we also know that people have work and other demands competing for their time. With our team approach to social media there is considerably less racking of the individual’s brain trying to meet some arbitrary deadline.
With our method, there’s a team, they have roles and responsibilities, they write what they know, there is accountability and control. These tools empower a team and give a voice to a blog. We and our clients see real value in that.
* * *
Free download! Because we are such strong supporters of teams, both virtual and face-to-face, we have made available our Team Editorial Calendar to help team members better plan their posts. Just click on the checklist icon in the right margin.
As always, comments are welcomed!