Have you decided that your business needs a blog? If you haven’t made that decision yet, you might want to check out the post on 06/02/2011, Six Reasons Blogging for Business is Important, http://wp.me/p1i0CB-a2 .
Today’s post is for those that have decided to take the leap into blogging, or the ones that have already started. It includes some blogging tips that can be used by the solo entrepreneur or the business owner that has several on his team.
Some blogging tips for your small business team, to use to increase your stats:
- When you hire new employees, consider that the job description should include “contributing articles to the business blog”. You might even want to set up a process to obtain a writing sample as part of your interview.
- If Twitter, Facebook and Google+ are part of your business social network, remember to use blog content on all three. Include links to your blog.
- Capture email addresses by offering something free that relates to the post. This of course increases your contact base.
- Get sales people to use blog content with their leads and prospects. They could refer these leads to the blog for more information.
- Include links to the blog in email signatures, on the website, on other social media, and consider putting the link address on business cards.
- Writing for a blog will increase your knowledge, and your employees knowledge, about your product. Blogging about your product will make it easier to talk about your business.
Watch for more blogging tips tomorrow.
Please share your blogging suggestions that have made a difference for you.