Did you wish your blog contacts a Very Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays! You should have. (just like Bob did on this blog a couple of days ago) Not just because you are trying to keep your contacts happy , but also because this is not the time of year to take a vacation from your blog.
Yes, of course it is the time of year for family and vacation. They estimate that 97% of the world takes Christmas Day off and I’m sure that you did too. There are a lot of us that are on vacations and with our families this time of year. My point is that so many people stay away from updating their blogs this time of year, but few people stay away from the internet. That could make it a great time of year to stand out from the crowd and have your blog be found.
So here are my blogging tips for the Holidays:
- Don’t forget to post on your blog. If you haven’t already set up something like http://www.hootsuite.com to make your posts auto, think about taking time to do that. Or you could just take time to write several posts as drafts and just post one a day.
- Your holiday posts don’t have to be long, just post something every day, or at least every other day. Remember to try to add value or interest for your audience. If someone finds your blog, you want them to find a reason to stay.
- If you post everyday, you have a better chance of being seen, because most bloggers are not posting at all during the holidays.
- If you have already set up your blogging team, assign or let each member pick a day to write a post.
- Decide what you want to promote or a topic to talk about for the whole week. Talking about one topic or promoting one item might have a better chance of pulling in the audience that you are looking for.
Have a very happy holiday season, and spend as much time as possible with your family. Just remember that if you can find time to also post on your blog, you might be ahead of the holiday crowd on the internet.