The more that I think about the things that are bothering me, the more that I realize these things are just about treating people the way that you would want and would expect to be treated.
Here are a few things to consider when working with anyone…clients or team-mates:
- Never use ALL CAPS in emails. The use of All caps is like screaming in an email. Clients don’t want to be screamed at via email. The only time to use all caps is to wish someone Happy Birthday or Congratulations, and even then, an exclamation point would be even better!
- Never “roll your eyes” at a client. That is a very rude way to express concern about an issue. Maybe your team-mate would understand, but be careful that there is no mis-understanding.
- Never do something that your client has told you not to do, without contacting the client first. If you do, be prepared not to have that client anymore.
- Don’t tell your client about your “BIG” Pet Peeve”. Your client doesn’t care.
- Never ever tell your client about your “BIG pet peeve” when that pet peeve is something your client has done. That is not the right choice of words!
- Don’t keep repeating how great you are and how much experience you have . After the sale, your client does not care. Show them your experience by providing fantastic service.
- Do not scream at your employees. Especially not in front of clients.
- Follow up with your clients. If you want your business to grow, ask for comments and suggestions on how to improve. Then make sure that you do something with that information.
What Customer Service tips do you have?